Schedule a 30 Minute Sit Down Today!

A Few Tips for New Licensees


Most new licensees overthink things as they begin their career. Here’s how to avoid that and get straight to what matters—selling.

I teach and mentor a lot of new licensees and I’ve noticed a few things about them. In the beginning of their careers, a lot of new agents spend a lot of time getting ready to get ready. I’m sure I even did this myself to an extent. Whether they think they need to have a title person or lender in place or they think they need to build out some sort of elaborate referral system, most new agents are overthinking things. Saying you need to do something before you can go out and get business is just a fancy way of making excuses for yourself.

In reality, the only thing you need to do as you begin your career as a licensed agent is just reaching out to the people you know. Send a mass email or Facebook message to inform everyone you know about exactly why you’re now selling real estate. Tell them about your brokerage, your company, and send it out as quickly as possible.

The most important thing is getting the word out.

After that, just start calling people and everything else will fall into place. All you need to “get ready” to go is lead generate. You’re never going to get everything down perfectly from the beginning. It’s a process. When I was starting out, I thought I needed to have a nice camera so I could take good pictures of my listings. Turns out, I actually needed to hire a professional photographer.

You don’t have to know how to do everything right away as a new licensee. All you’ve got to know how to do is get the message out to everyone you know that you’ve started selling real estate. I have a few “announcement” templates I would love to send to you. Just give me a call or send me an email and I’ll send it on over. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments :

Post a Comment