Schedule a 30 Minute Sit Down Today!

Why Do You Need Coaching and Mentorship?


In our business, I think it’s imperative to have a coach or mentor at the beginning of your career. Today I want to tell you why.

Today, I wanted to talk about the importance of coaching and mentoring in our business.

In our office, I always tell the new agents to walk around our spacious confines and take note of the people who are up on the boards and scorecards. I tell them to look at those people because a high percentage of them used a coach or mentor at the beginning of their careers.

I personally think it’s imperative to have a mentor, coach, or both for the first six months of your real estate career. Speaking for myself, I need someone to be accountable to. Otherwise, I end up as my own boss and setting my own hours, and that never works. If I have a call with a mentor or coach at 2 p.m. on a Friday in which they’re going to ask for my numbers that I pledged to do for the previous week and I didn’t do them, I’m not going to make any money.

Being your own boss rarely works.

Once I had somebody like that in my career, it was amazing how much quicker my business took off. In our offices, we have both a coaching program and a mentorship program. We also have other kinds of coaching programs. I have two coaches right now, and all of our employees have been through some type of coaching. Some of them even continue to do it.

If you’re new to real estate or thinking about making a change in your career, don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule a free 30-minute consultation where we can talk about your goals for 2017 and how they can be applied to coaching and mentoring. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments :

Post a Comment